Today I will speak to you about the ways in which I use the ever so hyped about coconut oil. Is it worth the attention and does it really work? I will try and help you make your mind up about that in this post.
Firstly, I always reach out to this organic coconut oil by Midsummer. I love it because its ingredients are only coconut oil and no added flavourings or chemicals, and it’s approved by the organic soil association. This way I am sure of what I put on my body.
There are countless uses for coconut oil, but below you will see my favourites:
1. Apply on the skin as a basic lotion.
2. Mix with sugar granules for a body scrub.
3. Use as a natural tanning lotion & after sun cooling lotion.
4. On cuticles to help nails grow strong and shiny.
5. Can be rubbed into your scalp to stimulate hair growth. I usually do this overnight and wash my hair twice in the morning to get off the excess oil.
6. Apply on the ends of your hair to prevent splitting and make it feel like silk.
7. Rub on your face and then rinse with hot water & warm face towel to remove any type of make-up (even tough waterproof one). It will all glide off smoothly!
8. If you do the one above, your eyebrows will condition at the same time, stimulating their growth too! Talking about eyebrows, you can also use this oil as a brow gel to set your hairs.
8. Whiten your teeth with it – mix with warm water and keep it in your mouth for 5 minutes.
9. Apparently if you consume it daily then your immune system and even your metabolism will boost. However, I don’t like the idea of eating such oil daily so I drink coconut water instead! Same idea, less fat factor.
10. For these awful summer nights that you get a ton of mosquito bites, guys I got you. Just rub some of the coconut oil on your bite and it will stop itching & heal sooner!
Overall, I think that there should be hype about coconut oil: it’s natural, easy to buy and works miracles on almost anything! All of the uses I spoke about above I do on a regular basis or seasonally, and work for me. Bare in mind that everyone is different, and if your skin is combination-oily then maybe it’s not the best option for you to apply on your body.
Hope you liked this post! I personally adore coconut oil and since it’s sold almost everywhere there are legit no excuses towards not using it.
How many of you use coconut oil? Have you got any other tried out uses for it? let me know in the comments!
I wish you all a fabulous day,
Instagram | Twitter
* Some photo credits go to We Heart It*